Across the river from me, a WISP is using ubiquiti and Mikrotik in the  2.5
to 2.7GHz bands..while Cablemas a cable and wireless company actually has
the licenses...I have an old Power bridge that can see the SSIDs somewhere
in Batcave

On Sep 12, 2017 8:20 PM, "Mathew Howard" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yup, 2.5ghz would be licensed... I suspect you need better detective
> skills - 2.5ghz gear is generally too costly for the sort of people that
> would run without a license. Or they're actually using 2.4ghz and calling
> it 2.5ghz.
>
>
> On Sep 12, 2017 9:02 PM, "Jerry Head" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I did contact them via chat on their Website.  The rep told me they were
> using 2.5 Ghz gear.
> 2.5 is licensed right?
> I did a cursory search on the FCC website for 2.5 licensed in our area and
> found none.
> Are they running "outlaw"?
> Or do I need better detective skills?
>
>
>
> On 9/12/2017 6:56 PM, Mathew Howard wrote:
>
> If the majority of their coverage area is serviced by millimeter wireless,
> I'm guessing they don't have a very large coverage area...
>
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:39 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>> it was...
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> *From:* Dave <[email protected]>
>> *To:* [email protected]
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:26 PM
>> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT...For all you smart people here.
>>
>> It said it was sent from your Smartphone
>>
>>
>> On 09/12/2017 03:36 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller wrote:
>>
>>
>> Know of it...haven't read much of it
>>
>> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone
>>
>> ----- Reply message -----
>> From: "CBB - Jay Fuller" <[email protected]>
>> <[email protected]%3E>
>> To: <[email protected]> <[email protected]%3E>
>> Subject: [AFMUG]OT...For all you smart people here.
>> Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2017 3:34 PM
>>
>>
>> Silklu I believe....
>>
>> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone
>>
>> ----- Reply message -----
>> From: "Jerry Head" <[email protected]>
>> <[email protected]>
>> To: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
>> Subject: [AFMUG] OT...For all you smart people here.
>> Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2017 2:26 PM
>>
>> New WISP has apparently popped up in our are, I was reviewing their
>> Webpage and saw this...
>>
>> "The majority of our coverage area is serviced by Multimeter Wireless"
>>
>> Not sure what that even means.
>> Typo I guess.
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>
>
>

Reply via email to