Can you give specific examples?  Having a hard time understanding for sure
the exact specs you're comparing.

In relation to the thermal noise floor:  just reducing from 1000mz to
200mhz will gain you ~7db of noise floor.   But usually that's in a
channel, not in the entire 'frequency agility' area.  Maybe they aren't all
that selective within the 1Ghz bandwidth.

I've never been able to find a chart of theoretical required s/n ratio for
each of the QAM's so I can't comment on how much difference there is
supposed to be - after all, with everything else being the same (channel,
modulation, power, etc), 256QAM should definitely require a lower signal
strength than a 4096QAM radio.    They definitely shouldn't be the same
with the same channel width, unless one radio is noisier or more
susceptible to noise.

And sensitivity should just be about the receiver, not the transmitter.

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>