Iridium SBD data functionality (different thing than voice service, very
short message sizes) is extremely useful for all sorts of SCADA. It's very
easy to develop software and scripts for because you can talk to the SBD
modem with a standard AT comment set from a command line, interactively
while doing development, and then use the same technique having a piece of
equipment talk to it in an automated fashion with AT commands at 96008N1.