oh yeah, and there is no mention of MTU capabilities for any model of
airfiber in the most recent pdf datasheet either:

https://dl.ubnt.com/datasheets/airfiber/airFiber_DS.pdf

Is that not a basic datasheet thing to list?  Particularly for PTP bridge
radios?  I know it is for every serious PTP radio I've seen from almost
every other manufacturer.