no, it doesn't, only if you are building L2 networks bridged between
multiple locations. It's perfectly fine to have a router-to-router OSPF /30
link that is carried across a PTP system with a 1600 byte MTU (older
Bridgewave radios for instance), then another separate set of OSPF
interfaces onwards from that same router, to another router, over a 9000
byte MTU radio bridge. Or whatever.