The insider view…

Yesterday had a significantly better outcome than was expected due to a lot of
work by WISPA.    If you read the original proposed NPRM versus the released
NPRM there are significant and substantial changes.   Commissioner Clyburn only
voted to release the NPRM because of the changes we were able to get.  The
original proposal had everything as PEA’s and 10 year terms.   The PEA idea is
still floated in the NPRM but it’s not the default now.  The 10 year term is
still the default but they at least ask questions about other options.

Remember that this is only a NPRM, and this starts the comment and reply
comment periods.  The commission has to work through this process before the
vote to actually enact the changes happens - which will probably be sometime in
February.  Now that the NPRM is out we can start applying political pressure in
addition to working the FCC comment process.

There is still a lot of work to do but we have a lot of allies in this fight,
and it’s nowhere near over yet.

Pay close attention, but no need to panic.   Please hold off on proposing
‘compromise’ positions on the NPRM for now - we want to see what level of
support we have for the original rules from outside organizations.

Mark

Mark Radabaugh
WISPA FCC Committee Chair
fcc_ch...@wispa.org