Have you worked out the current needed and the voltage drop created by the
cable?  It might be that the voltage drop is so much that you are in that
switch mode regulator fold over region that I pontificated upon with all the
math formulas a while back.

From: Jason McKemie
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 5:09 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik Powerbox Short Circuit Message

I've got a powerbox causing me grief. It works fine powering a Baicells CPE on
the bench, but when I put it in place with 80' of cable between it and the
power supply I get a short circuit message when trying to power up the
Baicells. I've tried a new jumper between the powerbox and the Baicells, new
ends on the main run going to the powerbox, and a different power supply - all
to no avail. Am I really past the distance limit? If so, WTF Mikrotik?