Remember, the signal comes between rings. Unless you are listening on a
butt set in line or watching the info pass through a switch you wouldn't
see or hear it. The only reason I remembered between first and second is
sitting at a class 5 switch trying to figure out why caller ID was failing
on a feature group D trunk group and seeing them come through after one
ringy dingy.