Are you calling me old? I'll be 33 on Monday. Get off my lawn.

On 12/8/2017 5:58 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
On 12/8/17 15:43, George Skorup wrote:

My one major complaint with the lists I'm on (here, various WISPA, and NANOG) is that some people refuse to start a new thread properly. They will simply do a reply to a message in an existing thread, change the subject and may or may not even bother wiping out the body. So, in Thunderchicken at least, it keeps the original thread ID or whatever header. Which means something I might want to see gets buried in shit I don't want to see and is deleted. I see this at least every other day or two. Is it really that difficult to start a new message to af@afmug or whatever@wispa?

People think replying is starting a new message because clients that thread properly with the References header are no longer the majority. Seeing a real threaded conversation display in a mail client is totally unknown to many.

~Seth