I was anti-Apple, pro-pure Android (Nexus) phones since I quit using
Blackberry years ago...until last October.  Android no longer had the
stability or feature advantages over iPhone.  Multitasking, multi window
support, local file exploring/storage, to pick a few, are all available on
iOS now where they weren't when I adopted Android.  I no longer need to
root a phone to get tethering, iTunes isn't required for anything anymore,
and all of the Microsoft and Google productivity/utility and other apps
(SSH, Cacti, IP camera management, for the most part) that I use are
available on the iPhone and work just as well there with the same
integration as on my LG and Nexus phones.

To each their own--this is just a Pepsi/Coke/Ford/Chevy kind of debate--but
where I didn't see iOS as an alternative before, I actually prefer it over
Android today and haven't looked back.  The iPhone X has been fantastic.