Yes it would.

From: Mathew Howard
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:28 AM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Use Unpowered PoE Injector on Long Ethernet Runs?

Yeah, but grounding it would still be useful for surge suppression, wouldn't
it? If it's not going to hurt anything (as far as breaking the ground loop),
why wouldn't you ground it? seems to me there's some potential for surge issues
with cables running between buildings, so if you have the hardware there, might
as well hook it up.