Chuck, how tight does the coil need to be?

ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Before the plug on the cable ends. You can also make all CAT5 cables have about 5 turns of cable as a choke coil at each end too if you have enough slack. Shielded cable will help too. No need to ground it. I would focus on anything near the transmitter and FM transmitting system.
*From:* CBB - Jay Fuller
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:07 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* [AFMUG] ferrite beads / radio station
we are collocated with a radio station in another town that has been causing our ethernet speed to drop to 10 meg. i know we've discussed ferrite beads - - how should they be replaced on the cable to try to eliminate the noise causing
us to negotiate at 10 meg?
thanks
the station is a low power fm - under 100 watts