We're on a 17kW Tx/50kW ERP station. I do see some CRC/FCS errors once in a while, but mostly no problems. And some other lower power stations.

Under 100W at ~100MHz should be zero issues. There's something else going on. I'd say check grounding, make sure everyone including utility are bonded.

On 1/23/2018 1:55 PM, Jay Weekley wrote:
Gotcha.

ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
The coil turns should be all within one inch of each other.

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:43 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ferrite beads / radio station

Sorry for the dumb question.  What should be 1 inch in length?

ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Well, lets say you want the coil to present 10,000 ohms of series inductive reactance.
xl=2 pi f l
xl/100e6 * 2* pi = l = 16 microhenrys

L = R*R*T*T/(9R + 10 L)

8 turns on a 6 inch diameter with a length of 1 inch ought to do it.

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley