A bit of a survey here....

A couple of features I'm looking at for current/future products would be
much easier to implement using a certain feature found only in relatively
new web browsers, aka, Chrome/Firefox/Edge updated within the last year.

One specific browser feature I'm looking at is webassembly.  Various tools
out there indicate that around 87% of the installed/active browsers on the
internet are recent enough for native support.   Most of the browsers
gained support for this feature early to mid last year.   With autoupdates
being the rule instead of the exception, anyone on a recent auto-updating
web browser should support this.  I'm mostly concerned about 'the rest'.

Support for the older browsers is possible, but it adds a level of
complexity (specifically a level of testing) which I would prefer not to do
if I could get away without it.

To be clear:  Almost all of the functionality of the upcoming products
won't require these functions.  A specific example of something that might
require this is setting up the scripting functionality as I'm looking at
various technologies which would work best if I could run a chunk of
webassembly code in the browser as part of the code editor.  However, other
than editing a script, the rest of the functionality would work fine.

Thoughts?

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>