Its easy to get a NON-US radio inside the US, all you have to do is sign a
document that states you will receive it in the US and ship it out side of the
US for deployment.  Now, if they did that, and someone can track that down,
that’s a whole other issue. .

From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com> On Behalf Of Forrest Christian (List Account)
Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:15 PM
To: af <af@afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] FCC Enforcement Action

I went and pulled the FCC cert for the FCC ID that they gave, definitely only
certified for 5.7 in the US.

I figure there are two options here:

1) They're knowingly using a non-US radio in the US, or they've otherwise
hacked the US radio to operate outside of the band.   In this case, good luck
to them.

2) Somehow they've gotten a non-US radio in the US without knowing, and/or the
UBNT software didn't limit them to the US bands for some reason.  In this case,
I hope that they can plead ignorance, and treat it as a learning experience.

A lot of the problem anymore is that there are so many different iterations of
radios out there, and as a result, it can be difficult to keep track of which
bands each is legal for.  If the radios don't enforce it, there's a good chance
that someone will unintentionally turn a radio up on a band the radio isn't
authorized for.  On the other hand, one would think that you'd be aware of TWDR
and avoid that frequency range like the plague....

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Mathew Howard