It would be great to somehow get a list of such periodicals. I
remember that in Mali for instance there was a government service that
produced a paper in the major national languages (Bambara,
Fulfulde...) every few months. Ironically it's probably some
university libraries in some Northern (Western) countries that have
the best collections from which to compile such a list.

Then again, some papers stop and others start. An interesting area
that probably is not getting much attention, apart a few major ones.

Don

--- In AfricanLanguages@yahoogroups.com, "egbaman1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My pleasure Don. I would say most of the world's indigenous
> languages aren't high profile enough for the "international
> community"/"globalised world", which seeks to homegenise everyone
> into being westernised linguistically and socio-culturally.
>
> There are Hausa language newspapers(which are even more succesful
> than the Yoruba ones), also Igbo language papers. Even some of the
> smaller Nigerian languages have their own periodical/occasional
> community "newsheets/newsletters" published.
> However, only members of those communities will be aware of the
> titles, frequency of editions etc.
>
> ciao

Yahoo! Groups Links