Hi Hussein,

You might look not only at organizations funding
research on African languages in particular (of which
I'm not aware) but also ones funding research on
endangered languages (for which it sounds like the
languages you're working on might qualify). Many of
these are for smaller grants, but anything helps,
right? For instance, there is the Foundation for
Endangered Languages, the Endangered Languages Fund,
and the new NSF/NEH program on Documenting Endangered
Languages (but that might be restricted to US
citizens, not sure if you are one one), as well as the
Volkswagonstiftung DOBES funding and the Hans Rausing
Endangered Languages Project based at SOAS- these last
three give very generous grants if you can get one! I
am not sure what restrictions they may impose on what
the money can be used for (e.g. can it be used for
tuition and fees), but I think you may be able to make
something like that work out. However, the deadlines
for these are, I think, in the fall, but it's still
worth checking them out.

Hope this helps,
Rebecca

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/TpIolB/TM