Hi Hussein, I can't improve on what Rebecca's funding suggestions but
will suggest some contacts to expand your search:
1. The African Academy of Languages. They probably don't have funding
but ideally would have leads // information on ways to support
research. I believe the e-address [EMAIL PROTECTED] is current;
the website is http://www.acalan.org or http://w3.acalan.org/index.html .
2. If your research can be characterized as relating to "oral
traditions" then maybe contact with one or more of the oral tradition
centers on the continent may be usefil (though again mainly for other
leads for funding). The closest one geographically would be CELHTO in
Niamey (don't have the e-address handy)
3. If you are based in Sudan, have you considered contacting
University of Cairo's African languages program? Again, no funding
that I'm aware of, but maybe a useful networking move (I can get some
addresses).

I have been discussing a project for an H-Net list on African
languages and cultures that would be an ideal academic forum for this
kind of request and information, but unfortunately have not had the
time to push it through yet (hopefully soon)...

Don Osborn
Bisharat.net

--- In AfricanLanguages@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Cover

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/TpIolB/TM