Nice slides... thanks for the help ill tip you from where I sit.
Yes the search, is a nice alternative for the ai problem,  but its too
expensive,   and for some reason no-one has a quantum computer yet.   If you
did have NP power tho,   theres 3 more problems as I see it.

a) You must have a model of the sorroundings to do the search in, you dont have
direct access unless you had a many bodied approach, and win strength in
numbers.

b) The simulation has inaccuracies - this can be helped via GANNING it
adjusting its values to fit reality as close it can.

c) Some things are not simulatable, hidden variables,  such as the lock
mechanism in a door, the robot has to know turning the knob will release the
latch, and its hidden from gatherment.  Also the inner workings of a car is not
simulatable directly, ppls brains around the robot cannot be known/seen  even
more examples,  so anything past inanimate objects in front of the robot arent
as easy a grab.