Rapid approximations of antilogs might be used with a trial and error
method to make calculated guesses of a function that combines logs and
original scalar (integration?) values. But the thing I am thinking about is
that it might represent another class of compression methods that can be
crudely associated with (crudely effective) compression operations. It
would be very crude but it might illuminate a problem that is (if I am not
mistaken) an essential issue in discrete computational mathematics.
Jim Bromer