On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 9:28 PM Colin Hales <col.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Well, if I have to steel-man that, I would say we agree embodiment is
important to cognition.

But steel-man is not only agreement. It's actually important in steel-man
to represent where we disagree. But do it in a way you agree with!!

To attempt to steel-man the above on the points we disagree, I would say
you are using embodiment to argue for a given body.

Additionally,  there is chaotic physics measureable in the natural brain
> when it is operating normally in an awake, alert subject. Therefore, if one
> is to create an artificial general intelligence, then at least initially,
> the artificial brain should be based on brain tissue physics and if it is
> delivering intelligence, chaotic behaviour of a similar kind should be
> observed in it, and when the chaotic behaviour changes or ceases,
> intelligent behaviour should be observed degraded or changed or lost in a
> measurable way. Chaos is thereby prima facie, necessary in an artificial
> brain, but on its own, insufficient. It is the natural brain physics-basis
> of the chaos that has to be conserved until empirically proved optional."
>
> Is this statement clashing with you in any way? What does it get
> wrong/right?

To steel-man this, my analysis of it has to be something you agree with
again...

I think the same thing. You are using embodiment to argue for a given body.

-Rob