Our minds are simulating most everything. We can imagine a model where a
spaceship goes from Earth to Pluto in 1 second virtually breaking the speed of
light (we know it isn't really). My thoughts were that consciousness is the one
piece of the mind that isn't a model or a simulation. And for a machine based
being self-awareness could be the act of occupying a representation of itself
of itself of itself of itself...

Holistically sure we could be in a video game that some teenager left running
on his computer overnight in an advanced technological future. Or this really
could be it, it is what it is, base. Who knows, I have my suspicions, like:

1) As our consciousness expands, we are creating the universe or something is
creating it.
2) We are beings somehow injected into this existence from some other reality.
3) We are just part of a larger informational based trans-dimensional creature
structured on DNA where we are instance nodes of that informational being.

Or each of the above are true. And they are in some way.

John