On Thursday, August 29, 2019, at 6:32 AM, Nanograte Knowledge Technologies
wrote:
> Qualia are communicable.
> As such, I propose a new research methodology, which pertains to one-off
> valid and reliable experimentation when dealing with the "unseen". The
> "public" and repeat" tests for vetting it as science could be replaced by a
> suitably-representative body of reviewing
 scientists who are accredited in the limitations of subjective, scientific
observation.

Originally, I did not like the word "qualia" but it's actually quite good. When
Chalmers or whoever named it put his or her stake on that location in the
language on that combination of letters it was a good choice.

Part of the issue here is that engineers particularly software cannot wait for
science in many cases. It is allowed to break physics or invent new ones in a
virtual world. And engineers need words to put into code. Also, there are many
symbol issues in contemporary language that have not been addressed generally.
So two conscious entities need better communications channels to convey
structure more efficiently and this is easier to do among software agents
verses human by expanding the symbol complexity and bandwidth. In a perfect
world full qualia would be instantly transmittable. But this is facilitated
contemporarily by transmitting multimedia verses just natural language thus the
 addition of mechanisms like MMS, video conferencing, realtime document
sharing, etc..

Some researchers say qualia cannot be transmitted. I would change that to say
full qualia are not transmittable yet.

John