The given solution to the parabola is a solution of the intersection of a
straight line and the parabola. Is it possible that there is a solution to the
intersection of a cubic equation and a quadratic equation that could be solved
by solving for a quadratic equation? If the 'trick' can be generalized (I am
not sure that it can be) then the intersection of the cubic and the quadratic
might be through a straight line. Analogously,  I can express a 3-variable
logical statement using a 'simple' logical formula (where no variable has to be
used more than once for any possible 3-variable statements.  This cannot always
be done with traditional logical methods.) However, I have to introduce a new
logical expression or logical operation. The question then is whether I could
solve for any 4-variable logical statement without needing to introduce more
new expressions or operations. And could the length of the statement grow at
less than a combinatorial rate relative to the length of the input statement?