I'm so lost. I'll just explain how I would solve it =).

input/output:
The old dragon left a pool of water in the canyon and landed on a hill to eat
some grass. Where was the water left?
Answers: Pool/canyon
Answer: Canyon

Explanation:
The keywords are where, water, left, because of their rare frequency in big
data. Using ex. word2vec we discover where=place/canyon/cave/etc. So
activations of 'where' etc are matched:

The old [dragon] left a [pool] of [water] in the [canyon] and landed on a
[hill] to eat some [grass].

The old dragon left a [pool] of [water] in the canyon and landed on a hill to
eat some grass.

The old dragon [left] a pool of water in the canyon and [landed] on a hill to
eat some grass.

It's already clear most weight is on the left side.

We could have:
The dragon had the water.
The water was in a pool.
Left in the cave was water.
Water in the cave no water was in the house yup.

You're really looking for a 'match', which doesn't like unrelated words,
stretched out matches, backwards matches, etc. Depending on the training data.