On 2021-03-09 13:28:PM, Ben Goertzel wrote or quoted:

Also, "after the singularity" is a logical contradiction. The singularity is the point
where the rate of recursive self improvement goes to infinity. It is infinitely far into the future
measured in perceptual time or in number of irreversible bit operations. Time would not exist
"afterwards", just like there are no real numbers after infinity. That is, if the
universe were infinite so that physics even allowed a singularity to happen in the first place.
This is just shallow wordplay and I guess you probably know it.   The
Technological Singularity is its own term, which has been explicated
fairly clearly by many including Kurzweil and Vinge and myself, and
which is inspired by but not literally equivalent to the math or
physics notions of Singularity.

I don't remember any such thing. Kurzweil did say "it"
would happen in 2045, some time after human level
intelligence was reached in 2029. No doubt 2045 will
be an interesting time, but I expect it to come and
go much like any of the years before or after it.
There's no "point where our old models must be
discarded and a new reality rules". The reality is
that models are discarded all the time as data comes
in that conflicts with them.