I get the feeling that patents are not particularly useful for
startups, but they do have value in fundraising. Investors are more
likely to favor a startup with than without patents. But actually
enforcing a patent (assuming it is ever granted) is supposedly not a
likelihood. We are inventors, we want to patent. But, it's a game with
a sketchy structure.