Ok, outdoors, the party is just getting started... It's going to be FUN.... Anyway, the subject at hand is, as always, AGI...

Anyway, we're so close to AGI now that it's giving me goosebumps. I am probably wrong but I think I see enough lose parts out there that I think that if I assemble them in a clever but counter-intuitive way I can get over the big hump to having an AGI, albeit a very sub-optimal, poorly performing one.

I am going to have to break your conceptual frameworks to do it and do a buch of other things that will seem wrong/insane but will probably actually work...

There is no point in arguing about AGI these days because the resolution to all such arguments is to type it into a compiler, run it, and give it an IQ test.

So, for me, it becomes a logistical problem. I need to determine how much hardware and software I need to do the tests I need to do and then figure out how to get it all together and working.

It would be nice to work at an AI research organization of some sort but it turns out I'm an outcast from society. Nobody likes me. So I get to spend the inheritance from my father's estate on hardware and bootstrap that to total world domination and basically do nothing but be smug about having AGI and the people who didn't hire me not... Smug is better that bitter, right?

Digression: It turns out that Clown World (Ref Honkler the clown) was the direct and inevitable outcome of the ZIRP from the centeral banks around the world... Thank god, Clown World will be coming to an end Real Soon Now....

My point is that it is frustrating as hell when all I can do is sit and hope that someone else will eventually reach the insights I reached years ago with no real way to do anything on my own and that I'll eventually get access to it. My computers are beefy enough but getting the machine learning frameworks working requires precisely matched compiler and library versions, it's just not possible on a general purpose desktop. =\

I'm going to need features from all of the frameworks that have been in the news recently. I need it all to run at least fast enough to function at least 20% real-time (or 1/5th speed). I think I can cure it of the autism you see in the current models but I have no idea where I'll land on the IQ scale. At this point the only goal is to successfully land on the IQ scale, the rest is just scaling, optimization, and mass production... Obviously I will eventually need a much closer to mathematically optimal version for production work but at this time, I think a hack job stands a non-zero chance of working.

https://shop.lambdalabs.com/gpu-workstations/vector
/customize?_gl=1*18ucxhp*_ga*MTQxMTkyNjY1MS4xNjc4ODkyMTgx*_ga_43EZT1FM6Q*MTY3ODg5MjE4MC4xLjAuMTY3ODg5MjE4MC42MC4wLjA.

I think that workstation will be enough to run some simpler models but the
bigger ones will
require $10+ million + datacenter + megawatts of power... =\

I mean there will be a fair amount to do on the coding side to get everything
wired up, or

I think that workstation will be enough to run some simpler models but the
bigger ones will
require $10+ million + datacenter + megawatts of power... =\

I mean there will be a fair amount to do on the coding side to get everything
wired up, or
hacked to be wired up in ways they were never intended to but needed to solve
the problem at
hand...

The tests I am targeting are being able to watch a movie, identify and describe
the charactors,
explain the plot, etc... I also want it to be able to play any video game at
atleast the level
of a noob.

--
Beware of Zombies. =O