Let's assume the best case, that the various drugs that are proposed to
slow aging by mimicking the metabolism slowing effects of calorie
restriction (resveratol, metformin, etc) actually work in humans, have no
long term side effects, and everyone starts taking them as a lifetime
regimen from birth, and achieve a 30% reduction in the rate of aging. Then
the effect would be to just continue extending life expectancy at the
current rate of 0.2 years per year.

In reality, we are doing much worse. We still don't understand after 40
years why we have an obesity and diabetes epidemic. It took almost that
long to learn that low fat diets make you fatter, but it is more than that.
We are still, after decades, giving wrong advice on sodium, leading to
cases of hyponatremia. A large fraction of the population take drugs for
cholesterol or high blood pressure that have never been shown to reduce
mortality. We still don't understand why skin cancer rates have been rising
since the 1980s when people started using sunscreen.

It is getting worse. Since last year, it is illegal to do medical research
on chimpanzees. Other primates are likely to follow, and there will be
restrictions for other animals as well. Data privacy laws are slowing
research. You can't legally use data that has already been collected
without tracking down the patients again to sign multi page consent forms.
The price of new drugs is already in the billions and doubling every 9
years.

Let's say we build a model of the human body that allows us to accurately
test new drugs, nanobots, reprogramming our DNA, etc. How long will this
take? The human body has 10^28 atoms, 10^23 bits of DNA, and executes 10^18
transcription operations per second. Running the model on a 10^28 qubit
quantum computer would still run at the same speed as testing on live
humans. There are likely to be software shortcuts, but they have to be
tested on humans. I don't believe this will happen before 2100 when Moore's
law catches up with biology.

LLMs do have something to say about consciousness. If a machine passes the
Turing test, then it is conscious as far as you can tell. A properly
designed reinforcement learning algorithm cannot deny or ignore the
reinforcement signal and not learn from it. This is why you cannot deny
your own conscious experiences. You have them so you will fear death and
produce more offspring.