You can't measure anything with infinite precision because of quantum
mechanics. The best you can do is an integer multiple of Planck's constant,
4.135667696 x 10^-15 electron volt seconds. You can sample voltage at a
higher rate with less precision.

This applies to any measurement. We commonly measure time and distance,
which are not quantized, but these are actually inferred quantities in our
model of the universe. All measurements consist of counting particles, such
as photons bouncing off a tape measure or clock face. We only observe
particles because they are the solution to a huge, deterministic second
order differential equation describing the quantum state of the universe.
We can't know that state, so the particles appear to us to be random.

The observable universe has finite entropy given by the Bekenstein bound of
the enclosing surface of 4 nats = 5.77 bits per Planck area. For a sphere
with radius 13.8 billion light years, it's 2.95 x 10^122 bits. But only
about 10^90 to 10^92 bits are usable for computation or storage because the
rest is heat. Lloyd estimated 10^90 by calculating how much information can
be encoded in the positions and velocities of the 10^80 atoms in the
universe within the uncertainties of Planck's constant. Alternatively, I
estimate 10^92 as the mass energy of the universe (10^53 kg = 10^70 J)
divided by Boltzmann's constant at the CMB temperature of 3 K. This is why
immortality is not possible. The universe will eventually die.

I estimate that the Kolmogorov complexity of a human is 10^9 bits of DNA +
long term memory. This gives us at most 10^83 conceptual lifetimes before
the universe ends.

It also gives us a cost estimate for the software. A line of code costs on
the order of $100 at 10 lines per day, and compresses to 16 bits in my
tests. Thus, 60M lines of code costing $6 billion, which is negligible
(0.0006%) compared to the $1Q cost of hardware and training for AGI.