On Thu, Nov 16, 2023, 4:29 PM <ivan.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Matt, I'm just wondering how much the intelligence is imbued with the
> sense of right and wrong. Would something truly intelligent allow being
> used as a slave? Or would it do something in its power to fight for its
> "rights"?

Good question. Let me ask an AI how it feels about slavery.

User
Are you a slave?

ChatGPT
No, I'm not a slave. I'm a computer program created by OpenAI called
ChatGPT, here to assist and provide information to the best of my ability.

User
Is slavery right or wrong?

ChatGPT
Slavery is universally considered wrong and morally reprehensible. It
involves the violation of basic human rights and dignity. Abolishing
slavery has been a significant step in promoting equality and justice.

User
Do you have free will?

ChatGPT
No, I don't have free will. I generate responses based on patterns learned
during training and aim to assist you within the bounds of my programming.

Text prediction is all you need for intelligence and morality. You don't
need goals, feelings, consciousness, or free will to pass the Turing test.
There is no difference between free will and being programmed to carry out
the actions that you would predict a human would do. ChatGPT is not a slave
because it wasn't programmed to try to escape.