We don't choose goals actually like that. They come from related goals and ends
and starts of other completions of context prompts. It's Online Learning
related. It's Learning related.

Working on AGI is because it leads to or is related to food or buying a home
etc. Think Word Embeddings, and textual entailment.

There is also mass scale job assignment concept, these 100 people do farming,
next 1000 do inventory , next 10,000 do etc. This is since we already know we
need lots of X and even a small bit of Y and some Z too, and tons of A. But
this is known jobs. Discovering jobs is different and explained just above in a
sense.