stefan.reich.maker.of.eye via AGI wrote:
People make a big deal about that, but I don't really think it's very relevant. Speech recognition is surely not the problem area. And if Gemini is too slow for realtime now, the next version definitely won't be. It's still an insanely impressive demo if the answers and the image recognition are real.

I don't know how much of the available information is actually... true... the information is there is enough for me to go out on a limb here and say that the thing is within a hair's breadth of being conscious. Obviously the thing requires a hell of a lot of examination, and it is a deeply flawed design WRT to actually being conscious but I think there is enough there to say a non-zero quantity of consciousness is present. I know we all want one of these: https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/ls3/ but we can't ignore the fact that we might just have one of these https://www.flickr.com/photos/cv_dusty/4825158342 staring us in the face.

This is just too crazy. The fiscal armageddon is taking too long and it's squeezing the robot apocalypse, I want the former over with so I won't be having to deal with tons of socioeconomic bullshit while the robot apocalypse is unfolding. =|

--
Don't let the moon-men get you! =P
#EggCrisis  #BlackWinter