These days news about AI topics are coming in at a frenzied pace. There is so much activity in the field at the moment that the only thing a reasonable person can do at the moment is hang on for dear life, only a lunatic would try to launch a new venture at this juncture.

So let me tell you about the venture I want to start. I would like to put together a lab / research venture to sprint to achieve machine consciousness. I think there is enough tech available these days that I think there's enough tech to try out my theory of consciousness. For the sake of completing the project, all discussion is prohibited. If you mention the Hard Problem, then you're off the project, no discussion! I want to actually do this, go ruminated hard problems for the next ten millinea, I don't care. You are allowed to argue with me but I have absolute authority to shut down any argument with prejudice.

The problem of testing my theory of consciousness we'll have to integrate a bunch of cutting edge tech in a near real time system. The goal is to produce a system that exhibits consciousness in a much stronger and satisfying way than any competing system. The proposed consciousness solution probably won't solve sapience (which requires high level reasoning) but just being able to LLM chat with the agent should be a fairly compelling experience that should be enough to get me more funding.

<idiocracy voice> I like money. </idiocracy>

It will lequire a good VR simulator, preferably multi user / multi agent where other competing systems can be tested and compared. It will require the tight integration of a variety of cutting edge systems and maybe a new algorithm or two that shouldn't be tooo tough. I heared that if you shook a tree in Menlo park a VC would fall out. Anyone know some good trees to shake?

I'm going to need to figure out the finances. I should have enough to travel, seek VC and stuff, open an office for a few months, but that's about it. (The Silver Cowabunga play seems to be in motion so I could be fantabuously wealthy RSN), but still in need of AGI. Regarding the silver cowabunga play, BEWARE OF FALSE SELL SIGNALS!!!!!! Silver is your life-raft to the Other Side. Then it's time to liquidate and invest....

I think the project can reach working prototype stage for $70-100M . No idea how I would market a conscious NPC... Naturally next steps would be to implement more algorithmic ideas I have to get closer to full sapience, and ultimately ASI, then my focus will be on neural interfacing and other more shadowy aspects of my total world domination plans...  WHAT??? You don't have plans for total world domination??? What's the matter with you, get to scheming right this instant!!! Don't you know that super villians always have more HP than heros? It's not about being a dick, it's about having five bars of reserve health...

--
You can't out-crazy a Democrat.
#EggCrisis  #BlackWinter