On Tue, May 7, 2024 at 4:17 PM Keyvan M. Sadeghi
<keyvan.m.sade...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This list reeks of male testosterone

So does the whole STEM field. Maybe there are biological differences
in the brain, like why males commit 95% of murders in both humans and
chimpanzees.

Data compression is like that. It's all about smaller, faster, better.
Who can top the benchmarks? Nobody is in it for the money. If it
wasn't for male egos, progress would grind to a halt.

I do miss Ben and all the others who were doing actual research in AGI
when he created the list about 20 years ago. I mean, he coined the
term "AGI". I learned a lot back then.

--
-- Matt Mahoney, mattmahone...@gmail.com