Glad you brought that up. I will admit I do have a strong sense of
disgust toward the current AI regime, but for other reasons I won't
get into here. Many of us presumably got into AGI because we know
about the astronomical benefits in the best case scenario, or because
we want to do what we can to prevent the worst case scenario. Some of
us, myself included, were under the delusion that AI would reduce the
corruption and evils that we all know to be associated with "the
regime". Unfortunately, it feels like AI has benefitted "the regime"
more than it has benefitted the everyman, at least so far. You
generally hear about success stories more than failure stories, which
tend to be suppressed by the algorithm, as social media oligarchs are
also AI oligarchs.

What I don't understand, is why more people aren't talking about it.
Since they aren't, it makes me feel like perhaps it is *I* who has
gone crazy.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2026 at 11:29 PM Quan Tesla <[email protected]> wrote:
> Consider AI-platform leadership dev as an example. It's become an exclusive 
> club with few new members. Associates (researchers like us) get to play in 
> the secondary agentic pen, worker bees feeding the ever-larger hive.
>
> Show me truly-independent funders and researchers, not connected to or in 
> retro-beneficial relationship with the hive network, and I'll applaud the 
> emergence of real asymmetry and progress.
>
> With AI, centralization has become the norm, and the symmetrical growth 
> inhibitor.
>

------------------------------------------
Artificial General Intelligence List: AGI
Permalink: 
https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T906c878e4ba411be-Mb2d98f51baae3e8fc19c0f5e
Delivery options: https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription

Reply via email to