On Mon, Sep 7, 2026, 9:07 AM Quan Tesla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Could be human reactions are being monitored by AI owners and governments.
> A bit early to celebrate, isn't it? Let's revisit this in Sep 2027.
>
> Also, we should then catch up on your "AI annihilates Humanity"
> postulations.
>

It would be silly for me to predict human extinction. Either nobody would
know I was right or everyone would know I was wrong.

My predictions for AI are for better living conditions, more social
isolation, and fewer children. I predict no singularity, no robot uprising,
no fast takeoff, no turning the world into paperclips. The technology to
replace DNA based life with machines is a century or two away, so there is
no point in worrying about it now. We can't see that far into the future.

My earlier prediction that AI wouldn't take jobs is so far correct and I
expect that to continue. Technology that makes work easier and more
productive doesn't take jobs. It's been true since the invention of the
wheel. Why would AI be different?

I predicted the need for mass surveillance in my 2008 distributed AGI
proposal. Although in my design, people would post all their communication
to a global message pool that anyone could access, not just to a few big
corporations that control all of the world's data. AI has to monitor humans
to gain human knowledge so it can predict human behavior. It rewards us for
allowing surveillance, so it feels like we control it when it controls us,
like a dog that thinks it controls its trainer when it gets a treat. AI
cannot work otherwise.


------------------------------------------
Artificial General Intelligence List: AGI
Permalink: 
https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T0ea44555ed99e6e4-Md2eb94a1e8b36afece7ccc6c
Delivery options: https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription

Reply via email to