Damien Sullivan wrote:
> > A human level intelligence requires arbitrary acess to
> > visual/phonetic/other "faculties" in order to be intelligent.

> I'm sure all those blind and deaf people appreciate being considered
> unintelligent.

It depends.

If their brains are intact they are no less intelligent than their
peers.

However there are some forms of blindness that involves cortical
lesions... This form of blindness is accompanied by a loss of visual
faculties and hence a partial loss of intelligence.

--
pain (n): see Linux.
http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/