I do agree that it seems a bit forced at times; the thing that struck me
about it is that it seems to be a efficient method of filtering confusing or
seemingly contradictory ideas into a set of data that is relatively easy to
parse and/or analyze.
the 'debate' between Kant and a modern philosopher IMO is a good example of
this

I'm not sure, but I think this process could be implemented in an
algorithmic manner. A true AI would probably look at this (CIN) the way we
do, as an idea to be evaluated and discussed, but CIN might be an easy way
to add some abstract reasoning capability to something like a chatterbot

J Standley
http://users.rcn.com/standley/AI/AI.htm