The term Artificial General Intelligence was introduced to me by Shane Legg,
when we were discussing possible titles for the "Real AI" (now "AGI") edited
volume.  [Shane worked at Webmind Inc., and later at A2I2, and will shortly
be joining IDSR in Switzerland to work with Marcus Hutter on
algorithmic-information-theoretic approaches to AGI.]

Whether Shane got invented it himself, or got it from Peter Voss or somebody
else, I don't know.

I heard the term out of Pei Wang's mouth plenty of times, though I'm not
sure he ever used it in print.

And the term was used in print before I met Shane or Pei or Peter...

For example, this paper by Mark Gubrud from 1997

http://www.csr.umd.edu/~mgubrud/nanosec1.html

uses the term repeatedly, in basically the same sense we're using it now.

I would bet he was not the first to use it either...

-- Ben Goertzel