> We can draw a system boundary around any combination of
> the formal system and the external world. By defining
> reinforcement values for human happiness, system values
> are equated to human values and the friendly system is
> the symbiosis of the formal system and humans. The formal
> values are fixed, but to human values which are not fixed
> but can evolve.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill

OK -- like Eliezer, you are assuming an AIXItl variant in which the goal
function is dependent on human behavior rather than being fixed up-front.

That is fine.  I was assuming the goal function was fixed forever, because
it's only in this case that Hutter's mathematical theorems apply.  However,
the AIXItl algorithm itself is of course applicable even with a
synergetically evolving goal function, as I also mentioned...

Ben

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]