> > Clearly from here to a simulated bug is a big leap, but the
> leap from a sim
> > bug to a sim human is ALSO really big, no?
>
> Yes, but we have a map: input from wet and computational neuroscience.
> Working blueprints are crawling, flying and walking everywhere.
>
> I realize it's the wrong approach to talk about on this list.

Yes, I agree, if you're talking about the leap from a precisely physically
simulated bug to a precisely physically simulated human.

I was thinking about the leap from an engineered artificial system with the
cognitive, social and perceptual-motor capability of a bug to an engineered
artificial system which has these capacities at human level.

IMO, the former gap is much smaller than the latter.

-- Ben G

subscription,