On 8/4/06, Pei Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The real alternative of numerical truth value is to stay with binary
> logic, which will make things even worse.

What I propose is to use symbolic, qualitative modifiers.  For example:
1.  this harddrive may be defective
2.  this harddrive is very likely defective
3.  this harddrive is almost certainly defective
4.  if this harddrive is not defective, [insert joke]

so in principle I can create any number of nuances, if required.  Most of the time, facts would simply be in unmodified form.  (Use nonmonotonic reasoning to update them).

YKY