On 8/25/06, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As I stated earlier, the fact that there is normal variation in human language
models makes it easier for a machine to pass the Turing test.  However, a
machine with a lossless model will still outperform one with a lossy model
because the lossless model has more knowledge.

That would be true only if there were one correct language model, AND
you knew what it was.
Besides which, every human has a lossy model.  It seems to me that by
your argument, a machine with a lossless model would "out-perform" a
human, and thus /fail/ the Turing test.

- Phil