On 28/08/06, Russell Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/28/06, William Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If the macro AGI can't translate between differences in language or
> representation that the micro AGIs have acquired from being open
> source, then we probably haven't done our job properly.

 But I don't think that will. I think that job is impossible to do, or
rather that doing it would require a complete, fully-educated AGI - which is
precisely what we are trying to achieve, so we can't rely on its existence
while we are trying to build it.

I was thinking more long term than you. I agree in the first phase we
can't rely on it being to translate different information from
different AGI. But to start with I wouldn't attempt the google killer,
merely the outlook killer.

We may well not have enough computing resources available to do it on
the cheap using local resources. But that is the approach I am
inclined to take, I'll just wait until we do. The open source
distibuted google killer will have the problem of who decides what
goals the system has/starts with (depending upon your philosophy), and
how to upgrade the collective if the goals were incorrect to start
with. It is also not as amenable to experiment as the micro level
systems are.

Will