To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [agi] AGI open source license

--- Russell Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That having been said, if you're serious about
preventing the abuse of your
software, I think the only answer is, don't
distribute it. Follow the path
of Novamente and indeed Google themselves (albeit
for different reasons) and
keep the software on your own machines and sell the
services it provides.

I assume that you fully understand the benefits and
business case of an open source project, and that your
point is made even with the former fully considered.
I would like to hear from others with this same point
of view, and otherwise from anyone who has a idea that
an open source AGI could be somehow made safe.

I would respond to the proprietary AGI alternative
with the observation that one may suppose, as do I,
that only one AGI is safer than many, possibly
opposing, AGIs.  With the proprietary model, there
will be a market for others to enter.  On the other
hand an established open source project precludes
competition, e.g. only one Wikipedia.

-------
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,
please go to

http://v2.listbox.com/member/[EMAIL PROTECTED]