I'm often asked about state-of-the-art in AI, and would like to get some
opinions.

What do you regard, or what is generally regarded as SOTA in the various AI
aspects that may be, or may be seen to be relevant to AGI?

For example:

- Comprehensive (common-sense) knowledge-bases and/or ontologies
- Inference engines, etc.
- Adaptive expert systems
- Question answering systems
- NLP components such as parsers, translators, grammar-checkers
- Interactive robotics systems (sensing/ actuation) - physical or virtual
- Vision, voice, pattern recognition, etc.
- Interactive learning systems
- Integrated intelligent systems
... whatever ...

I'm looking for the best functionality -- irrespective of proprietary,
open-source, or academic.

Peter