On 10/20/06, Richard Loosemore wrote:
I would *love* to see those IBM folks put a couple of jabbering
four-year-old children in front of that translation system, to see how
it likes their 'low-intelligence' language. :-)  Does anyone have any
contacts on the team, so we could ask?

I sent an email to Liang Gu on the IBM MASTOR project team (not really
expecting a reply) :)  and have just received this response. Sounds
hopeful.

BillK
-----------------

Bill,

Thanks for your interests on MASTOR. And your suggestion of MASTOR for
Children is really great! It is definitely much more meaningful if
MASTOR can not only help adults but also children communicate with
each other around the world using different languages!
Although recognizing Children's voice has been proved a very
challenging task, the translation and text-to-speech techniques thus
involved should be very similar to what we have now. We will seriously
investigate the possibility of this approach and will send you a test
link if we later developed a pilot system on the web.

Regards and thanks again for your enthusiasm about MASTOR,
Liang