Mike,

  It would basically create a very large semantic net, with weights and confidences and ect.

The power here would be directly linked to the
"generating" -> power
"generating" -> electricty

and political type would generally match up with a different part fo the net,
and be easily seperable.

The only real issue would be if they had similar sentence structure, in many instances, where they could be confused, which wil happen, but in a much smaller set of cases.

"balance of power and an impact on Iran and other"
"has been using the nuclear issue to gain power "
"EU3 determined not to allow Iran to become nuclear power"

The second one here is more vague, but after looking at gain power, versus gain electricity or create electricity, it would be referred to political power as well
And similarly with the third one.

 It is really intersting when you start looking at 1000 plus cases of these, the patterns start coming through much clearer than a few simple cases which look very ambigous.

James