Oh, I think the representation is quite important. In particular, logic lets
you in for gazillions of inferences that are totally inapropos and no good
way to say which is better. Logic also has the enormous disadvantage that you
tend to have frozen the terms and levels of abstraction. Actual word meanings
are a lot more plastic, and I'd bet internal representations are damn near
fluid.

"Logic" is a highly generic term ...

I agree with your statement re crisp predicate logic as typically
utilized, but uncertain term logic does provide guidance regarding
which inferences are apropos.... It also however gets rid of the
elegance and compactness that YKY likes: an uncertain logic
representation of a simple sentence may involve tens of thousands of
contextal, uncertain relationships, possibly including the "obvious"
ones involved in the standard crisp predicate logic representation...

-- Ben G